It’s no secret that Facebook has revolutionized the way real estate marketing works today. With more than 845 million monthly active users and nearly 51% of American population on Facebook, this social network appears to be a “Mini World” of some sort!
Facebook – The Perfect Marketing Medium for Realtors
According to InsideFacebook.com, over 30 million U.S. Facebook users are over the age of 26 and it is also the fastest growing segment. This makes Facebook a perfect place to reach out to the home buyers in your target demographics.
As a Realtor, you can start by having your own Facebook Profile; this is where you bring out your personal front to the world. You can make friends and build connections on Facebook. However, your personal page isn’t the place you’d conduct business.
For business, you can get a Facebook Page which is where you add your listings; add content from your website and your blog. Share facebook friend filter updates on your business and even sell your products and services. By creating Facebook groups, you can bring people with special interest in your business together. In addition, you can do other Facebook activities to soft and hard sell your business on Facebook.
Here are the top 5 ways how Facebook can be used by realtors:
1. Connect With Your Prospects: On a Facebook profile page, you can interact with people on a personal level. Your profile should look professional, yet it should reflect you and your personality. It’s important to choose your profile name carefully; you may relate it to what you do e.g. RealtorMJ. Your Facebook profile is not the place where you’d promote your business; instead it is the place where you’d post information about the real estate market without selling it!
2. Educate, Engage & Communicate: Your Facebook Group is the place where you add all those people who are interested in learning about your business. You can create a referral group of realtors with hundreds of agents including those who from your current contacts and your referral book from the past years. You can have more than one group – Local Facebook Real Estate Investors Group, Local Community Home Buyers Group, etc. You can invite people from your friends list and customer list. Share commercial listing information, tips and real estate advice with your groups. Try not to brand the group by your name because you are also part of the group.
3. Integrate With Existing Marketing Plan: Your Facebook Page is the place where you advertise on Facebook. Include it as part of your marketing material and promote it as you would for your website. This is the place where your business can contribute and add to the Facebook community. Your Facebook Page is where people will come to learn more about your products and services. It’s the best way to build your reputation on Facebook.
4. Advertise To Your Target Audience: Facebook Ads can be used to send the visitor directly to your listing.You can choose to geo target your ads and set the demographic (age, gender, etc.) you want to target. You can also set keywords for your ads.Facebook ads are very cheap, often less than 10 cents per click.
5. Create A Professional Image: Your business page is about highlighting your services on Facebook. You can add your Blog RSS and place your listings on your Facebook page. Keep your audience up-to-date by adding the latest information about the market. You can share information about new and upcoming constructions, announce events and even share valuable tip about real estate investment.
Facebook is the place to gain exposure as a Realtor. It can help you bring your brand in front of many prospective clients, who might be actually looking out for real estate services that you offer. Your focus should be to reach out to your target audience and build them into leads through Facebook!
Add Facebook To Your Social Marketing Plan
Facebook is an integral part of your overall Social Marketing plan. When integrated with your other social networking efforts such as Twitter, you can see great results.